Sunday, October 14, 2012

Why would anyone read Distant Cousin on a cell phone??


Most readers who have an e-reader like the Kindle or the Nook love the convenience of a great story that unrolls seamlessly in the mind, a story you can get lost in, that you can wallow in. So why, we wonder, would anyone want to read an absorbing novel on the teensy screen of a cell phone? Well, we heard from one reader who has an answer. Here's what she wrote:

***


I started Distant Cousin…on my iPhone. Now the pitiful Cowboys are playing and they’re not acting as pitiful as usual so I’m reading your book and watching the ‘Boys off and on. Hubby’s on the sofa and I’m in my comfy chair behind him and he hears me occasionally laughing. He finally asks me what I’m laughing about and I tell him about how I don’t care for anything except stories about normal people and you assured me your book was very normal and that I’d like it so I'm reading it.

Now it’s getting about supper time and we’re hungry. When we do takeout our usual MO is I do the ordering, I drive, and my husband goes in and gets the food. Meanwhile, my phone battery is starting to run down so while my husband goes in to get our dinner I am sitting in the car with the engine running, phone plugged in and I’m STILL READING YOUR BOOK!

I love Darcy. I can’t wait to see what happens next. It is indeed a page turner, a cute and funny book with lots of laugh-out-loud parts. You were right. I like it! I just thought I’d let you know that it’s been a fun read and I am thoroughly enjoying it.

***

Now it makes sense. There really are times when reading a novel on a cell phone is a good idea!

It also makes sense that the Distant Cousin stories are available (and budget priced) for most all e-reading apps: smart phones, tablets and other mobile devices, including Apple, Android, Windows Phone 7 and WebOS, among others.



No comments: