Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Reader Crying in the Subway?


Distant Cousin: Regeneration (DC4) is the newest volume out. Here are some reader comments:


"I thought it was FANTASTIC! Best read I've had in a while. I thought all the elements of suspense, sci fi, domestic drama/comedy were blended just right. I was really touched by [spoiler snip]....her experiences in DC 4 really, well, dare I say it, made her HUMAN. And I admit it, I was shedding tears both in the scene where [snip] and [snip]. I can't imagine what the people sitting next to me on the subway thought. Hopefully that I was just enjoying a good read. So, when's the next one coming out?"

"Over all I give [Distant Cousin: Regeneration] 5 1/2 stars out of five. It was my favorite so far! I like stories that focus on the characters, and not around a central plot. It makes the characters seem more real and it's easy to become emotionally invested in their well being. How can you not like a story when you are actually worried about the characters?"

"You have a great way of balancing the action of the story with the personal experiences of the characters which sets the action in motion. Great ending too."

"Awesome!!! I am 3/4 through this book and am literally dragging my heels about finishing it. I ration myself. The story and characters are just so captivating."

"I love the ending--very cool! So thank you so much for the entertaining, beautifully-crafted read, which also made for lots of south-western nostalgia on my part. Breakfast tacos! Salsa! Cats!"


No comments: