Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Distant Cousin Apps Coming Soon!

Ana Darcy's stories are coming to an app near you!


Thanks to ScrollMotion, the largest developer of branded apps in the iTunes App Store, the Distant Cousin books will be available as individual mobile apps in the largest app marketplaces, for distribution to smart phones, tablets and other mobile devices, including Apple, Android, Windows Phone 7 and WebOS.

The apps seamlessly combine the wonderful experience of reading books and moble devices. For all those times when you find yourself stuck with nothing to do, now you never need to be bored. It's a unique reading experience!


One app reader comments:

I started Distant Cousin…on my iPhone. Now the pitiful Cowboys are playing and they’re not acting as pitiful as usual so I’m reading your book and watching the ‘Boys off and on. Hubby’s on the sofa and I’m in my comfy chair behind him and he hears me occasionally laughing. He finally asks me what I’m laughing about and I tell him about how I don’t care for anything except stories about normal people and you assured me your book was very normal and that I’d like it so I'm reading it.


Now it’s getting about supper time and we’re hungry. When we do takeout our usual MO is I do the ordering, I drive and my husband goes in and gets the food. Meanwhile, my phone battery is starting to run down so while my husband goes in to get our dinner I am sitting in the car with the engine running, phone plugged in and I’m STILL READING YOUR BOOK!

I love Darcy. I can’t wait to see what happens next. It is indeed a page turner, a cute and funny book with lots of laugh-out-loud parts. You were right. I like it! I just thought I’d let you know that it’s been a fun read and I am thoroughly enjoying it.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

wow that's clever. I read something at the weekend about creating apps for businesses, got my brain ticking... can't imagine one for our businesses, but brilliant for books!

Al said...

Full disclosure: I own nothing that accepts apps. I can't imagine reading a book on a cell phone. But then I only moved from yellow note-pad to the computer about a decade ago. If you had no book and only a cell phone, then sure, it'd be great!